PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I was curious to know if any of you may know if Raleigh still has an active pipe club. I've done a little digging and discovered their is or at least was one called Triangle Area Pipe Smokers (TAPS). Just didn't want to look like an idiot if I tried to show up at the next meeting, standing around, waiting for something that never happens. Thanks in advance for any info.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
They're still active as far as I know. I believe they just hosted a large pipe show.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Of course they did... Just my luck to get back into pipe smoking after all the local events are over. Ah well, at least if they are still active I could hit up the next meeting in June. Thanks jacks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
TAPS is a good group. My time is parceled so it is difficult for me, but they meet regularly and I believe have a restaurant meeting place that allows them to smoke. They do an annual pipe show in early April which has expanded to a larger building at the Fairgrounds with plentiful parking. It's a one-day show, but with preliminaries the night before. They get a good turnout of pipe carvers and retailers, and a healthy crowd of pipe enthusiasts.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I think I'll stop in on the next meeting and introduce myself. Might just be a good bit of fun. I hate that I just missed their spring event but maybe there will be some other fun ongoings I could be party to.

Status
Not open for further replies.