PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
It is December and all we have been getting on Long Island is rain, and lots of it. It is really effecting my pipe smoking, between not being able to keep my pipe lit and worrying about destroying my pipe, it os really starting to get to me. At this point I would prefer it just snowed.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
If all this rain was snow we'd be up to our butts in it! I prefer the rain even though it does interfere with my piping!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Send all that rain out to california. We have finally been getting some storms but need all we can get. I have been smoking in the shed and under the patio roof while listening to the rain.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I like the snow allot better then the rain. I would rater stand in the snow smoking my pipe then in the rain trying to smoke my pipe.
Buster if only it was that simple to just send away the rain. I can smoke under the awning when I am home ( I rent and don't have a shed to use for smoking, but it is mostly when i am at work on my lunch break when I am smoking that the rain really bothers me.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I drove three hours in that rain today, but the good news is that for one of them, I had a pipeful of Squadron Leader going.
Snow would be nice, though. I love snow. Especially when there is lots of it and it shuts everything down. It's like a huge soundproofing blanket that falls from the ether. Everything goes quiet, and all that you can smell is snow and woodsmoke. In the distance, a dog is barking at the even farther away sound of a snowmobile. Then the lights go out, and peace descends. Time for a pipe.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I love the peace and quiet of the snow too. Perfect time to relax with a bowl. I am blessed to have a covered front porch and enjoy the rain that way. We only get 7" a year and most of that is a 1/10" at a time here and there. That suits me fine as I don't care for it like those of you who live anywhere else but the desert.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Like Buster said, we could use that rain out west.
...Can't deal with snow, though. Snow is for the cabin or ski resort you go to during a few winter weekends -- not for living in! :)

insecticide26

Lurker
Nov 24, 2014
You know them little umbrellas that they put in fruity drinks ....well I just had a great marketing idea ...The Pipebrella the latest and greatest in rain pipe protection .. :rofl:

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
waren I have never heard of flipping a pipe, I am kind of nervous about it falling out and waisting my tobacco, I have tried a wind guard and I did not like it for some reason. I guess I will just have to keep struggling through the rain.
woods I agree with you 100% snow changes the dynamics of everything for all your senses.
Planetary I live out in cali for a short time, and as much as I loved the weather while I was their I missed having snow, the leaves changing in the fall, and even the rain. I guess I am just weird.
insectic little umbrellas for your pipe haha that would be funny.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
The pipebrella idea is fantastic. I say make one. Replace the wooden tooth pick part with a piece of metal and you are good to go!

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
If we could magically send the rain out west then.....wait for it...3...2...1, then all we'll hear is whining about flooding! Like clockwork! :roll:

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
We do not complain about rain around hear. One dust bowl was enough! I was not around then but the old timers tell wicked awesome stories, and I have seen film on it.
I do not know your situation, but I guess a garage or overhang is not available if you are in an apartment.
You can do like Warren instructed and turn it down. Are you familiar with wind screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.