Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this, this morning on Facebook. Very interesting. Having shattered my hip badly years ago, I get arthritis pains when the weather is just right, and I have to walk with a cane. The idea appeals to me, but I can't imagine putting my weight on the stummel of a pipe at that angle. It would have to be one fat and strong stem. Plus, I think the that the taper from stummel to the shaft of the cane looks OFF to me, like too much of the pipe sticks out. I would love one of these, but only if the stummel better fit down into the shaft, with some way to not leave so much of the stem sticking out of the shaft of the cane, with maybe just a little support surrounding the stummel. But, it would require a bit more artisanry on the part of the maker.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Wasn't there someone on here with a Castello walking stick a few years ago?

Doesn't look very practical to me. You could buy one helluva cane and a Radice pipe for a heck of a lot less money.

I agree. Not at all practical, but look at all the work that went into this. That's a lot of work. And the grain looks really nice on the actual pipe too.

I think it's a bargain for $1,100 bucks. Especially when compared to some of @chasingembers pine-tree-planter-boxes (READ: Dunhills :) )....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The charm of multi-purpose objects is excruciating, but in fact, if I owned this item, I don't think I'd use it either as a pipe or a cane more than once or twice. It's too easy and efficient to just use the pipes and canes I have.

Reactions: sandollars

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In my opinion that pipe/walking stick is maybe the stupidest idea I have ever seen. I wouldn't buy one for a c-note never mind 900 plus. If you are going to use a walking stick, it has to have the needle that comes out and poison's people James Bond style.

• Haha
Reactions: sandollars

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I agree. Not at all practical, but look at all the work that went into this. That's a lot of work. And the grain looks really nice on the actual pipe too.

I think it's a bargain for $1,100 bucks. Especially when compared to some of @chasingembers pine-tree-planter-boxes (READ: Dunhills :) )....
I've never paid more than $120 for a Dunhill.

My cane.
iap_640x640.2411649169_psv0mf0i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.