PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I'm curious if these pipes are any good? Are they just a failed marketing technique? Does anyone have one?

Anybody have the knowledge to enlighten me...
Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about in case it isn't clear.

KGrHqNjEE8oF3Min1BPRvbUK160_3.jpg

KGrHqJigE6Msh1O--BOmEQWrobQ60_57.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've seen these before at pipe shows. It seems to me like a solution looking for a problem.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is what I am thinking. I'm wondering if anyone has tried one. I have my eye on one but would like to find out if it is worth my money.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
More pipe physics. I guess the idea is interesting but I would be concerned about the bowl burning out because of the uneven distribution of heat; but I'm guessing about that.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
They remind me of a pipe design i read about. They were supposed to smoke cool but it was a total failure i cannot remember that much or even who made them and what they were called. I do remember that the makers of the pipes i am thinking of ran out of money and ended up releasing the pipes regardless.
As a clever way to make some money from it they sold them at a really high price with the idea being that people who bought something of high value would be less forthcoming at admitting they had wasted their money.
I am still trying to google them as we speak.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
When I saw the thread title I though this would be about Kirstens or pipes of that sort, which are an interesting acquired taste for those who are experimental with their smoking. I enjoy my Kirsten from time to time, though it is a royal pain to clean.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
looks like a real open wind cap design.... i guess. what an odd pipe

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I know from reading so many positive threads that kirstens are really good pipes. People online have called these types of pipes radiator pipes. Is there another term? I'm still a newbie.

Aug 1, 2012
A Kirsten looks something like this
kirsten-side-600x450.jpg

Whereas the pics earlier in this thread are more of a Doodler style.

Aug 1, 2012
The Kirsten didn't work for me but its next owner liked it. As for the Doodler style, I'll try mine soon and let you know.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I know what a kirsten looks like and I'm not sure these are quite a doodler. They are probably trying to do the same thing though. I'm passing on the pipe based on everyones responses. Thank you all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.