PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nice! I really love Danish interpretations of bulldog/Rhodesians.
I was kind of joking about that one but it really is a great pipe, especially for the $20 that I picked it up for. I’m with ya though, I do love the danish interpretations of these shapes. My absolute favorite take on Rhodesians are Gamboni’s, his style just appeals to me. There are a lot of great Rhodesian/Bulldogs out there though. Those Rad Davis ones posted in this thread are... well... RAD!

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I was kind of joking about that one but it really is a great pipe, especially for the $20 that I picked it up for. I’m with ya though, I do love the danish interpretations of these shapes. My absolute favorite take on Rhodesians are Gamboni’s, his style just appeals to me. There are a lot of great Rhodesian/Bulldogs out there though. Those Rad Davis ones posted in this thread are... well... RAD!
I’m with you and won’t hijack the thread, lol.

Reactions: hawky454

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Since Rad decided too retire and leave us alone with out a succession plan, I have found the answer.
Jack Howell makes a pipe that dare I say, smokes and looks as good as a Rad. His stem work is great, his pipes smoke themselves like Rad's. After just one example of his work, I had to get a 7 day set. If my oldest daughter wasn't in law school I would have gotten a 30 day set, that is how good they smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.