PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What about the name? Do they have shops in Wisconsin and Wyoming? It looks like a terrific browse. I think it would take me two hours just for a visit. If I was buying something, who knows? I went to Navy boot camp and three "service schools" in San Diego and liked the city a lot. I went there later on business. The waterfront is good too, with the refurbished Star of India square rigger and other vessels as a ship museum.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
What about the name? Do they have shops in Wisconsin and Wyoming? It looks like a terrific browse. I think it would take me two hours just for a visit. If I was buying something, who knows? I went to Navy boot camp and three "service schools" in San Diego and liked the city a lot. I went there later on business. The waterfront is good too, with the refurbished Star of India square rigger and other vessels as a ship museum.
No idea on the name or if they have other locations. SD is definitely a cool city. Will be going back soon as it’s only an hour and a half away for me.

Reactions: ofafeather

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Dropped in during our family trip in 2019. To be honest the whole setup as part of that old-town museum makes it feel a bit like... a museum. The guy behind the counter gets 1 real customer out of 100 people coming in. This of cause shows in the attitude. So somehow impressive and full of propps.. but at the same time not fully authentic.
On the other hand: it was a hot day in July, my bood sugar low and two whiney girls plus wife in tow ;) so what know I...

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Looks like they’ve got tat skinny monsters just sitting on a counter
A lot of times shops will have certain cigars out of the humidor and on a counter if they're looking to promote them or call attention to them for some reason. Depending on the environmental rH outside of the 'dor, cigars will do fine for a while outside of the 'dor. They're pretty resilient, and I think it takes a fairly long time of being exposed to dryer than ideal conditions for them to suffer irreversible damage. Most of the time, those boxes on the counter will get put back into the humidor at night. One would hope, anyway.

Some of us even intentionally leave cigars in a dryer place for a day or three to "dry box" a cigar and improve its smoking characteristics. Certain Cubans and brands like La For Dominicans really benefit from it, in my experience.