PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I just heard it, and was on my way here to post it. You beat me to it. In my opinion there was nobody more influential to rock and roll guitar than Chuck Berry. I've always said he was the true king of rock and roll. His style influenced everyone from the Beach Boys to Elvis Presley, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and many others. Including many current rock, blues, and country artists. I'm not often saddened by a celebrity death, but I am with Chuck Berry. Going to play a little guitar in his honor tonight.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. Play it Chuck!

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Anthony, I could not agree more. There would be no rock'n'roll as we know it if not for Chuck Berry. Take away just about any Rock'n'Roll guitar hero and you would still have Chuck Berry; take away Chuck Berry and the rest disappear.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of the Founding Fathers of Rock and Roll. There will never be another Chuck Berry.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Saw this in Digital New York Times, was wondering if this was a real headline or Fake News from the King of Fake News and Headline Rearramgement Syndrome. God I was hoping this was the case, Rock N Roll suffered a huge loss. Berry, can't wait to jam in Heaven.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
RIP. There's a video I've seen of him and John Lennon playing and just jamming. Then Yoko Ono starts in with some crazy bs vocals and the look Chuck Berry gives her is priceless.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Hey Tim, you hear about Yoko Ono's survivalist handbook? It's all about how she lived off of nothing but a dead Beatle for 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.