PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The state of Louisiana lost two "big" names this week (not related to either Covid or Hurricane Laura).
Morgus the Magnificent - 90, and Ronnie Kole - 89.

Sid Noel - AKA Morgus - was the host of campy horror and science fiction shows starting back in 1959. He also did shows in the Detroit area for awhile.

Ronnie Kole was a renowned jazz pianist and played for 6 U.S. presidents and the Pope. Kole was popular in Las Vegas in the 60s & 70s and also appeared on shows like Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin and Mike Douglas.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Years ago I got an email from my boss at a previous employer to tell me that he had colon cancer and had been given one month to live. He was 43 and sending the email to all his friends to save his wife having to tell them. I got the email at work and couldn't help but burst into tears at my desk. It was the most heart wrenching thing I think I'd ever read. In his case he wasn't aware he was seriously ill until very shortly before that diagnosis.

He actually died almost exactly one month later.

I hope all the families of the people mentioned earlier in this thread get the peace they need to grieve their loved ones properly.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Definitely thought it was a prank in poor taste when I read about it yesterday.
I saw photos of him back in April looking haggard with hollowing jaws. The reports were that he was losing weight for an upcoming role but after seeing many family members with cancer, I knew what I was looking at.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson
Status
Not open for further replies.