PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Pease-Bohemian-Scandal-2004-Sealed-Very-Rare/253789060493?hash=item3b1701bd8d:g:qE8AAOSwi8dbYOLd

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Agreed the older Pease tins aren't the best. Paid dearly for some pretty dessicated Odyssey a few years back.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Godspeed to the winner but I could never pay that much for a blend without making a physical inspection before the purchase.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Have been tracking McClelland...FM Across the Pond 100oz selling for 170-180.
But this 1 takes the cake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-assorted-Bags-of-Esoterica-and-18-assorted-Tins-of-Esoterica/332747375125?hash=item4d794a0215%3Ag%3AzBIAAOSwamBbZdhG&_nkw=esoterica+penzance&rt=nc

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Only a fool would buy that without having a seller/buyer clause which would honor return/credit should it be rusted to shit.
4 Noggins is trying to dump off a bunch of GLP's bad tins at riduclously high prices as well...and the new owner has a disclaimer (CYA) listed that states if the contents are junk, the buyer is "SOL."
The only guy I've seen give credit back to a buyer on rusty or damaged tobacco was Steve Fallon (Pipestud). He didn't have to do that, but he did.
The only way I'd buy any of those year tins (2000-2004) is if the seller opened it up, inspected it and mason jarred it. But OTOH I'd have to trust the dude that the real McCoy was put in the jar.
Buyer Beware.
for the record, this is not a bash on Greg Pease.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Godspeed to the winner but I could never pay that much for a blend without making a physical inspection before the purchase.
I wouldn't pay that much for a blend, period. But if the buyer gives the tin a shake and hears rustling inside without opening it, he could try for a refund. But given that these sales are "banned" by eBay, chances are that he's screwed if there's a problem or at best gets his refund and has his account closed, along with that of the seller. Could prove amusing if eBay were ever sued for enabling these "banned" sales.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
We cracked an old bag of Krumble Kake at new years... it was delicious! (It was tobacco, no unicorn hair or nothing).
Next week, watched a similar bag sell for 7 or 8 HUNDRED bucks on eBay. I didn't know what to think. Crazy.
Anyway I got Krumble Kake if you got 700 bucks.
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
Lots of good blends around these days but it is sad to know I’ll probably never get to sample Krumble kake or B scandal. Oh the good ol days ...

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
But this 1 takes the cake
Uh...yeah. And it looks like he's still charging $45 for shipping on that lot. If I paid that much for anything, I'm not doing it without free shipping. The cost of the purchase alone would cover it easily. Maybe someone will want a certified cellar of Esoterica for that price.
Same dude is also selling McC's blends in a bulk order as well.
McClelland Blends

Status
Not open for further replies.