Quite Possibly One of the Best Purchases I'll Ever Make.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
So I decided to go on a man hunt for antique pipes on random sites. I just happened to find a holy grail of sorts, for me. An Everyman's Comoy Pipe, what appears to be an oversized bulldog for a whopping $10!
sm155a.jpg

sm155c.jpg

sm155b.jpg

The pictures weren't good at all, but the store has a return policy, which, if I find some crack or anything that deems this unusable, I WILL send it back. However, for $10, I believe this was the best shot in the dark I've ever taken!

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
I certainly hope so! I've recently been on a kick to find good English bulldogs. I have a Comoy's second #9 under the name Dunedin, and a meerschaum-lined Conway bulldog. I just find the bulldog shape so classic, and I associate it with the English pipes!

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Just scored this Comoy sub brand the other day, 331c with a meerschaum lining!
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/londonmake/album/picture/18644

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
love that pipe!
Yeah, I don't know what the shape number is yet, but judging from those pictures, it is probably a 331. I've got 2 regularly-proportioned bulldogs, so this one that's a little more squat will be a welcomed addition to the collection!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Well done!
My best antique store find so far was also a bulldog, a Sasieni.
It is so rare to find a good pipe that way.
Add to that I am a huge bulldog fan and that slightly bent, slightly squat Comoys shape is just TOO darned elegant. Haven't seen a purchase on the board that made me envious in quite a while -- this one does.
OK, I'll give $20 for it -- double your money!.
Yeah. . . I know.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Some guys have all the luck! My best eBay deal was a Dunhill for $37.00. And I got a Barlings Oom Paul from an antique store, but nowhere near that price. Good going!

Status
Not open for further replies.