PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

ethicsminer

Might Stick Around
Jul 4, 2018
Ohio
Recently ventured back into pipe smoking after a couple year hiatus and treated myself to a Radice Rind. It is my second briar pipe after having a Savinelli Sistina 106 shape as my main workhorse, and various Missouri Meerschaums.

After a few weeks with it - I'm glad I went with it, and would recommend a Radice to someone looking for a sub-$200 pipe from a smaller shop. It smokes consistently great, has a generous bowl, and the rustication is pleasant to touch. I don't really see myself spending more than $200 for a pipe and Radice positions itself as a solid bang-for-buck pipe brand. The shapes lean into more playful territory, which I enjoy, and there is a heritage factor behind Luigi's shop.

I ordered the pipe from Al Pascia's (shipped to Ohio) and it arrived in 3 days with no headaches. Would recommend as well.

Enjoyed a bowl of Regent's Flake from 2019 this morning with a coffee. I managed to burn a little of the top of the bowl, but hey, this is a pipe I plan on keeping forever. Feel free to share pics of your Radice Rind. Cheers.

PXL_20220511_231630384.jpg
PXL_20220511_231651724.jpg

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
nice pipe. You will never go wrong with a radice . They compete favorably with Castello (Radice has much better stem work) for about 30-40 % of the price. I have 12 Radices in my regular rotation and have owned several others. Never had one misdrilled or which smoked poorly. Keep collecting them. Enjoy the experience.

ethicsminer

Might Stick Around
Jul 4, 2018
Ohio
Thanks guys - still not entirely sure what the shape is exactly. Al Pascia had it just as "bent," so I'm thinking it leans towards bent billiard with relatively stubby proportions.

Reactions: kcghost

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Their rind and silk cut finishes just jump off the screen every time I browse them on Al Pascia. I’ve talked myself out of a few Radice’s, but now I’m feeling the lust return. It’s awesome to be someone like me who is way more into sandblast and rusticated finishes, because with Radice as well as Musico, Ashton, etc. you can find some stunning pieces that are much more affordable than their smooth counterparts. Fantastic looking pipe!