PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have a container of Navy Sweet Scotch Dry Snuff. Do you sniff this stuff or dip it? Any thoughts? I purchased it to add to some fire proof pipe tobacco and I was curious if I had purchased the wrong thing. This is not invite to talk about snuff but my question is framed in a similar vain to those who have tried smoking chewing tobacco.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have a container of Navy Sweet Scotch Dry Snuff. Do you sniff this stuff or dip it? Any thoughts? I purchased it to add to some fire proof pipe tobacco and I was curious if I had purchased the wrong thing. This is not invite to talk about snuff but my question is framed in a similar vain to those who have tried smoking chewing tobacco.
If it is dry, you sniff it. If it comes with an appreciable about of moisture, you dip it. I believe that is sniffy snuff.

Reactions: BROBS

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have this batch of fire proof flake I purchased from a B&M in Lutz that was too cheap to pass up. I have been mixing it with Brown Twist but its the devils own work to get it to burn evenly. I just will not throw tobacco away on general principle so I let it dry out since we are not getting hit with a lot of humidity right now where I am in Florida. I figured that the addition of some snuff would do the trick since they sell the stuff in Winn Dixie so I purchased some. After a couple of lines, I mean pinches of it I found it was sweet. Hence my posting. It seems to have done the trick and made a B&M flake from hell totally smokable. Thank you for your help. My pipe rims on my ancient meerschaums are not wide enough for the stuff to stick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.