New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this pipe on Oct 16th. I have been lazy to restore it to a smokable state till today. Today I thought, let’s do something quick so it is smokable.

The few pipes I have restored before, I have sometimes forgotten to take the before pictures, but not today. I diligently took the before pictures, before I embarked on the journey. Here are the things wrong with the pipe

1. The stem is fairly oxidized and looks purple/maroon. This is the worst
  2. The stummel is dark/dirty with thick rim charring
  3. Fairly thick cake inside the chamber

I have almost completed.The last step is pending and the final pipe should be ready for display around 4:15 PM EST

I did not notice the stem issue before - thank you. It is there but hard to see with the eye. I went back and found it

I will make a note of this for future projects.

Yes, this is an Ashford S, but the model name is not printed as this is a two dot. Only the model no 88 S is printed

Are you cleaning the stem with it attached to the strummel? It looks like you are rounding the stem a tad.
That's a Shape 88, a coveted shape for Sasieni enthusiasts.

Thank you!

I have a senior reamer .... but it is very hard to control. For this specific project I used something similar to a pipe tool. Very easy to control and does a decent job

Great job. What do you use for reaming the chamber? I am tired of using my crappy little pipe tool and want to invest in a proper too, so I'm curious what you might recommend?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You can buff the stem separately from the stummel and not round it just never have the wheel go at the sharp edge directly.

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.