PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick13

Lurker
Nov 30, 2017
Hi,

I have some 7oz of country gentleman tobacco. It's pretty dry. I have stock it in air tight jar. I want to keep it for couple of years. Is it ok to put humidor also in jar to rehydrate the tobbaco right now? I have one ordered at SPC. How many humidors do I need for such qty?

Appreciate your suggestions.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
The way I freshen up dry tobacco is to pour it in a bowl and lay a damp cloth or towel over the top of the bowl, maybe over night.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This PM article by G.L.Pease should provide some useful information:
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/out-of-the-ashes/dust-in-the-wind-a-primer-on-tobacco-moisture/

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Honestly the best way I have found to rehydrate is a boveda pack in a mason jar overnight and take it out when it has come back to life. I would rehydrate before cellaring if you want to see changes in the flavour.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I also put the tobacco in a bowl with a washcloth damp with distilled water. I toss the tobacco every 30 minutes or so and when moisture content is goot transfer to ball jar.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
I put the dried baccy in a small bowl then place that in larger bowl that has some water in it (creates a moat). Then I drape a couple of wet paper towels over that. Then I put Saran wrap over that. It might be overkill, but that's how I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.