PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'm not wanting to use a filter with my just ordered Sav Bing, but wanted to know how it's likely to smoke if I don't use it. Any sav Bing owners out there who don't use it and how does it smoke for you then? Thanks.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Just got mine today. Always seem to get my SP orders in 2 days. Am glad I ordered the rusticated as that pebbly finish with that honey colored stain, smooth rim along with the color of the acrylic stem is quite attractive.

Reactions: python

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
My Bing is pre-filter era. But, in general, with other Savinelli pipes, I don't use the filters and I don't use the insert. Some of them smoke O.K. and some get wet from the turbulence that the screwed up airway presents to the path of the smoke. I have a Savinelli Poker that does O.K. without anything in that big hole. But, my 320 neither does well with the filter nor the insert -- it gurgles no mater what. Ironically, my Rossi 320, which cost 1/3 as much as the Savinelli, is a wonderful pipe to smoke. It has no filter and an ebonite stem. It is a really good smoking pipe. While Savinelli's are reasonably priced, they're not worth it to me because of the filter business.

Reactions: python

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I use neither a filter or adapter with mine and I'm a happy camper.
I'm with ya on that. If I have a blend that is a little damp and I am in a hurry I throw a balsa filter in it and see NO difference...

Reactions: ray47
Status
Not open for further replies.