PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I have packages of Salty Dogs and Mick McQuaid laying around, and also Captain Black Grape (my all time favorite).

Are these pouches good to go for long term storage, or should I transfer them to jars? They seem to be paper, wrapped with plastic. The tobacco in the Mick McQuaid packs feels good to go.

F47AA6EF-C7FD-4CDB-AE43-DC724A54591C.jpeg

Reactions: Donb1972

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
I can't speak to long term storage but I know that the Salty Dogs plug itself is also sealed inside a smaller plastic bag once you open the pouch. I've got about 20 plugs myself that I haven't bothered to jar yet so I'll be curious to see what others have to say.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have packages of Salty Dogs and Mick McQuaid laying around, and also Captain Black Grape (my all time favorite).

Are these pouches good to go for long term storage, or should I transfer them to jars? They seem to be paper, wrapped with plastic. The tobacco in the Mick McQuaid packs feels good to go.

View attachment 137259

I keep a plug in the salty dogs pouch for immediate consumption, and it's not drying out as fast as I thought it would. My backup stash of plugs are kept in a jar. I remove those from the outer pouch, but I keep them in their cellophane wrap. When I finish a plug, I just grab another from the jar and put it into the pouch.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I sometimes use those big 36oz peanut butter jars, I think they'd fit several pouches. Or, like Simmerdown☕️, wrap in ziplock bags in another tupperware type container.
I've been storing the plastic Mac Baren 1 lb bags in 5 gallon buckets for years, about 10 years old when I pull them out now and they are fine.