PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Hey guys, I just re-read the forum rules and I needed to clarify a few things before I posted any tobacco tins or pipes. I don't want to make any mistakes etc.

1) Ten Tins per week in total correct? I planned on selling fifty tins in five lots of ten, so that should take me approximately five weeks; correct?

2) Can I sell tobacco on the tobacco sales and trade thread and sell pipes in the pipes and accessories thread in the same week?

Thanks, G

Last edited by a moderator:

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
1) Ten Tins per week in total correct? I planned on selling fifty tins in five lots of ten, so that should take me approximately five weeks; correct?

This is correct.

2) Can I sell tobacco on the tobacco sales and trade thread and sell pipes in the pipes and accessories thread in the same week?

I believe that you can only post 1 total for sale/Trade post per week, but @ssjones can clarify that.

Jun 27, 2016
Quoted from Tobacco S/S/T rulez:

"- Maximum 10 items to a post. "

"- Members may post only one ad per week, with a maximum of six items in a single ad"

What's so confusing? =)

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Generally accepted rule of thumb for tobacco sales for the last year or more is 10 limit.

A couple years ago guys would post their whole cellar, and because of the confusion and thread format, orders would get messed up big time, lots of moaning and groaning, accusations, etc.

10 seems to be manageable for most people.

Reactions: BROBS

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
craig61a correctly describes what led to the rule change (two years ago?).

To confirm:
  • 10 tin limit in the tobacco section.
  • One ad per week, in each classified section. So, you can run a tobacco tin and a pipe ad in the same week. This is why dating the ad in the title is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.