PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
We had gotten board and made up a new game. Its kind of a sketchier version of lawn darts mixed with axe or sword throwing. We have a bunch of 3 ft metal garden fence post laying around . You swing them underhand or overhand depending on the round into the air and try to get them to stick into the ground. The key is to get a fast rotation. Alot of fun and the kids seem to really enjoy it.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I’m still working. I know it’s a blessing and I’m luckier than many who aren’t getting a paycheck....
BUT
this stuff plus my neighbors getting so much yard and home maintenance done sometimes makes me feel like I’m that kid stuck in summer school lol

Mixed emotions- “your mother-in-law driving off a cliff, in your brand new Ferrari.”

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm "trapped" at home with a food writer and restaurant reviewer who learned to cook and bake at the feet of her Grandma Girtha on their rural Missouri farm. This is not a shenanigan of my making, but it is delicious. From her years in the city and abroad, she can pair wine like no one else. My job is to wash some dishes and rig teddy bears in the windows for passing kids.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
makes me feel like I’m that kid stuck in summer school
Yep, that's me too. 70+ hours/week chained to the computer since the bug hit. I don't smoke in Zoom meetings, so I'm not even getting all that much pipe smoking in.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
It's a beautiful day out. I can't decide if I want to shenanigan, tom foolery, horseplay, monkey business, high jinks, antic, caper or funny business. The only one I know is off limits is hanky-panky. The wife closed down shop and said she is remodeling before reopening for business but the aging dust tells me its out of business. I gotta find a new shop.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
It's a beautiful day out. I can't decide if I want to shenanigan, tom foolery, horseplay, monkey business, high jinks, antic, caper or funny business. The only one I know is off limits is hanky-panky. The wife closed down shop and said she is remodeling before reopening for business but the aging dust tells me its out of business. I gotta find a new shop.
Your wife must have hired the same contractor as mine. Just kidding she is a saint for putting up with me for all these years. Im so lucky to have her. She has spys everywhere you can never be too safe.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For a real blast from the past, how about writing old fashioned snail mail letters? They are something your family and friends can keep and read again. It's personal, thoughtful, and most Forums members write fair enough prose.

I heard a bit on radio this a.m. about how jigsaw puzzles are selling as never before, in the U.S. and in many other countries. The 1,000 piece puzzles are usual for adults. The most advanced one described was of clear plastic with no art as a guide. You just piece it together looking at the piece shapes.

Then there is the never-ending quest for toilet paper.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yesterday, I pooled together with the neighbors and rented a lawn aerator. Wow, running that beast was tough! Need to overseed tomorrow. Felt good to do something productive.

I rebuilt my MGB motor over the winter, need to put on 500 break-in miles, pretty tough in quarantine! We were going to use it get some food items in it today. The sun finally came out, so I put the top down, and went to start it....dead battery. Two trips to Advance Auto, before I came up with the right size battery. Putting the cables back on, one clamp started to crack. I said, screw it, and ran the errands any way. It was nice to get a little sun/wind. Back home, ordered a new cable which should be here in a few days.

The wife and I played chess for the first time again, in about 35 years. I still have my chess set I rec'd as a Christmas gift when I was in 6th grade (OK, I was a weird kid..). I won, but agreed to play backgammon with her tomorrow night.

Sat outside on the patio till the sun went down, listening to John Prine (get well soon!). Wish the weather would warm up here, it's still a little unseasonably cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.