PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I don't purge every cigar, but if it the flavors are getting muted or muddled mid-smoke, or I'm starting to get a little tar and bitterness, it works like a charm. Bonus points if while you're purging, you light the stream coming from the end of the cigar. If you do this and keep blowing, now only does it look cool, but it burns off the more volatile gases.

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
I don't purge every cigar, but if it the flavors are getting muted or muddled mid-smoke, or I'm starting to get a little tar and bitterness, it works like a charm. Bonus points if while you're purging, you light the stream coming from the end of the cigar. If you do this and keep blowing, now only does it look cool, but it burns off the more volatile gases.
oh yes, you have to fire it until the air doesn't get on fire anymore.
ps.: I'm couch potatoeing after a belly full of lamb and red wine :LOL: going to get some piping done now!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You know I am not huge on cigars although since I have lived in Florida I have sort of developed a taste for the occasional cigar. I have done all the Cuban stuff years ago when I lived in the U.K but I have to say a well rolled cigar is quite a treat on a warm Miami evening after a good dinner.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
You know I am not huge on cigars although since I have lived in Florida I have sort of developed a taste for the occasional cigar. I have done all the Cuban stuff years ago when I lived in the U.K but I have to say a well rolled cigar is quite a treat on a warm Miami evening after a good dinner.
The thought of having a cigar on a patio somewhere with a little cafecito after dinner is like the most appealing picture of Miami that I can imagine. Well, that and the pretty latinas. ?

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
never really felt the need to purge a cigar. Maybe i'm just smoking cigars that are good enough to not need a purge, or that even a Cain Daytona takes me almost 2 hours to smoke, nice and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.