PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
So i pulled the trigger on some TAD just now. Ordered a 50g tin each of Squadron Leader, GL.P. Cairo, Frog Morton, and FVF from Smokingpipes. As i am up in Nova Scotia i fully expect to pay some customs duty but at $50 all in with shipping its a heck of a lot cheaper than going to the local B&M.
All are totally new to me, and my tobac exp is quite narrow, so i'm hoping to expand my tates some. I aimed to shotgun a bunch of blends that gave me a good range of flavours. I've been smoking aro's so far and i want more...
Fingers crossed it all makes its way over the border no problems. My fear is that it gets seized. I have no problem paying duty, but i don't want to lose it all....expecially with the FVF in there, knowing how hard it is to get your hands on some.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Best of luck with ur order. I ordered my first bulk today, a lb of nightcap match.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Most of us havent had any issues with orders around 200gm. I've paid duty on one shipment, but like you stated it's still worth it compared to local prices.

Dec 24, 2012
I have never had one seized coming to me in Canada. And in fact, have only been tagged with duty three times now, and I have ordered a lot of stuff. I think you will be fine. Personally, I would have kept it at 200g or less, but it may slide through at 250.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I have found that if i keep my orders to 8oz or less & don't get charged any duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.