PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's been Christmas in May hereabouts lately. I received the limerick contest for veterans prize from bayareabriar, an elegant Caminetto bent Hawkbill with perfect rustication that looked brand new on arrival. It is a compact pipe with a high capacity chamber, a perfect clench, and a fetching, flowing design. Also in the box were a tin of Country Side Boswell Hand-Blended Tobacco, and a fine pipe stand to park a pipe almost anywhere. This was a most generous gesture by a Forums member, a real tribute to vets.

But wait. The same day I received a box from Elric. He had said he had a tin of a blend I've enjoyed a lot lately that he had not enjoyed as much lately, and asked if I would like it. I said yes, thank you, and PM'ed my address. Instead of the 2 oz. tin I expected I received the 2 oz. tin, plus another 8 oz. tin of GLP Barbary Coast. Great! Plus, plus, a tin of GLP Samara, Haddo's Delight, a tin of Michael M. Harvey's Nirvana, SG's Cabbie's Mixture and SG's Squadron Leader, and two ounces of Newminster #306 English Oriental. Wow!

This was the week my wife had a tooth extracted and a giant major branch of the old growth Red Oak in my front yard split off and was left hanging upright propped by a spindly dogwood tree. So it has been a whole new day with these most kind and generous additions to my pipe life by fellow members. Thank you guys, so much.

Forums never ceases to amaze me with its expertise, stimulating opinions, knowhow, pipe history and generosity.