Public Service It Is Best To Remember...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
I've been a casual pipe smoker for at least 20 years now and am new to this site. I've learned so much in the past couple of months being in these forums, that I feel like I am new to pipes and pipe smoking. Having gone solo all these years, it's really been interesting and fascinating to hear others talk of tobacco, pipes, and techniques. Reading the forums will elicit "Really? You can do that?", "Didn't think that was possible", "Is that even allowed?", "I honestly never would've thought of that", "I'm trying that as soon as I get off of work", "that's hilarious, but makes sense", "I'm never going to do that", "I'm definitely going to do that", etc.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm sorry but I'm pulling rank. Your formerly authoritative experience has been lowered to 2nd level heresay.
you're fired.
I've been a casual pipe smoker for at least 20 years now and am new to this site. I've learned so much in the past couple of months being in these forums, that I feel like I am new to pipes and pipe smoking. Having gone solo all these years, it's really been interesting and fascinating to hear others talk of tobacco, pipes, and techniques. Reading the forums will elicit "Really? You can do that?", "Didn't think that was possible", "Is that even allowed?", "I honestly never would've thought of that", "I'm trying that as soon as I get off of work", "that's hilarious, but makes sense", "I'm never going to do that", "I'm definitely going to do that", etc.
yeah when I started you got some advice and sent out into the wild with your pipes and tobaccos and misinformation. The funny thing is most of the stuff people teach just seems to slowly fall into place. Like for instance the way you pack a bowl probably ends up right after a few years.

Reactions: HitchensDog