PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
What are members thoughts on this tobacco? I am really liking Dunhill's Navy rolls and want to give this a try? Curious what peeple on here think???

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
PS Luxury Bullseye Flake is one of my favorite tobaccos. It is rich tasty and economical.What more could a fella ask for?

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
unclearthur said it all. I have a standing order for 2 more boxes when it gets back in stock.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'll fourth that assertion.
It is really good stuff.

Economical, as Unclearthur said.

I like to keep about a 1/2 pound in my stash.

Maybe a little more Perique than Escudo Navy De Luxe.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have never had Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, but it is said to be indistinguishable from Escudo Navy Deluxe,

which I have had often. While I think Escudo is very good, I prefer the slightly sweeter PS Bull's Eye Flake.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
I am also a fan of bullseye flake. I buy it in bulk and am aging some to try a few years down the road. I have some 12 year old escudo that is simply amazing, dark, earthy, rich and delicious. I think any of the Vapers benefit tremendously from age. Mac Baren's dark twist is another winner in this category and can be had at Smokingpipes.com for $37 for a one pound container (that is $2.32 and ounce!. It only gets better with age. Open the container and put it into a couple of mason jars. Let it sit for a couple of years.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
thanks fellows, I am going to give this one a try, (once it gets back in stock, you all must have liked it too much!!!;) ) i haven't searched that hard online but the major sites are out of stock. I put my email address in at one of the major sites for an email when they get some in stock. I noticed while doing my search (and some research) that Davidoff makes a tinned product that looks very similar, the price is high relative to the PS version, but I am trying a tin to see if I like it. I am guessing it is made for Davidoff at the same factory??? i will order some of the PS when it comes out if all goes well.
Once again thanks for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.