PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been waiting for this blend to starting to show me something. And it has. Removed center, fold it three times, worked it and put into System Spigot "point" down. Rubbed out the center and whatever bits, and top the bowl with it. Burned easy and nice. Some moisture, but good thing about System pipe is, moisture doesn't empty into the chamber. Slight dark fruit after initial light. But surprise was at bottom 1/3. I'm getting ton of what I think of as tropical fruit. Nice bright and sweet fruits. Very enjoyable. Burnt to white ashes with few dottles.

Jun 23, 2019
Been waiting for this blend to starting to show me something. And it has. Removed center, fold it three times, worked it and put into System Spigot "point" down. Rubbed out the center and whatever bits, and top the bowl with it. Burned easy and nice. Some moisture, but good thing about System pipe is, moisture doesn't empty into the chamber. Slight dark fruit after initial light. But surprise was at bottom 1/3. I'm getting ton of what I think of as tropical fruit. Nice bright and sweet fruits. Very enjoyable. Burnt to white ashes with few dottles.

I gotta try this method of loading. Bullseye Flake is one of my favorites but this is a load-out I have yet to try, excited.

Reactions: dcon and bullet08

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I too like it aged some years. Fresh, I find it bites and is a little harsh. With some age, it is nicely balanced, and if not mild, at least flavorful. They call it flake, but I'd describe it as coin, or maybe coin is just round flake. But it seems like a distinction to me.

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
I like PS-LBF after 4 or more years of aging. It's released too young and has all the flavor of cardboard in comparison to what develops in a few years.
Totally agree. I had some fresh in 2018 and all I got was hot steam. I'm actually have some of that 2018 right now. Much better but still needs even more time. I think 10yr would be optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.