PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I for one say it's worth it if only a single defenseless child who works or drinks inside one of those bars is saved from the living hell of 2nd hand smoke exposure
When they were trying to pass the ordinance here in Vegas they kept rolling out "this is for the children"
My response is that if you bring your children to a bar at odd hours then someone smoking in said bar is the least of your concerns.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Smoking was banned in bars a couple years ago in New Orleans, a.k.a. the City of Clean and Healthy Living.
The continuity of the agenda everywhere...even globally...is remarkable.
For the PTB, the whole crusade against tobacco is an exercise...a template...to be potentially applied to any other agenda item of their social engineering schemes.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
For the PTB, the whole crusade against tobacco is an exercise...a template...to be potentially applied to any other agenda item of their social engineering schemes.

Definitely. It's being applied already to environmental regulations, trying to solve problems that don't exist. It's being applied to population control, China being the most egregious case. After Morocco, it's being applied to critiques of mass immigration. And so forth...

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
If it were to pass, would you be able to have tobacco shipped to your buddy out of state and have them mail it to you?

Most likely not. Remember how it's illegal to mail tobacco into Washington state? Maybe if he drives over and delivers it in person; at least till they start having checkpoints at state borders.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
My response is that if you bring your children to a bar at odd hours then someone smoking in said bar is the least of your concerns.
I hear that. They're lousy bartenders too. Some can't even reach the tap handles.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Definitely. It's being applied already to environmental regulations, trying to solve problems that don't exist. It's being applied to population control, China being the most egregious case. After Morocco, it's being applied to critiques of mass immigration. And so forth...
Yes, and anything and everything that can be addressed as a "public health issue" and/or through insurance costs.
Among the litany of routine questions pertaining to insurance related issues that patients receive from their "health care provider" (previously known as doctors) such as:

tobacco use?

do you wear a seat belt?

do you have a fire extinguisher?
etc...it's already becoming more and more common for the question of, is there a firearm in your home? to be included as well.
Everything is going to be a "public health issue" and insurance problem. And I've no doubt that will be the means by which driverless vehicles will eventually be mandated.

Status
Not open for further replies.