PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I've had various issues with USPS, UPS, FEDEX, and Prime -- I suppose that in the grand scheme of things the error rates are small, though it seems like a big deal when it affects us personally.

My biggest gripe was when UPS mis-delivered a package to my next-door neighbor (think 100 feet away). I spend a week with the shipper and UPS to figure what had happened as the tracking status showed "delivered." We eventually figured it out and when I went to the neighbor's he handed over the package, it was unopened no explanation was offered as to why he was keeping it instead of notifying UPS or even better walking to my house.

Reactions: BROBS and Papamique

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Out of hundreds of packages I have shipped or had shipped via USPS I have only had 2 issues and both were resolved.

With more people ordering online and working from home there is more opportunity for error. The overall error rate is pretty good considering the huge amount of mail being handled.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
So my last 2 orders now from SP have gone out Surepost, which adds 1 extra day for delivery. This must be their new free shipping method? This true for anyone else?
Same here. All of my previous orders in 2019 from Smokingpipes.com were USPS direct. I placed an order this week and it is SurePost which will add an additional 1-2 days to Ohio.

Reactions: 3rdguy and BROBS

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I placed an order from Smokingpipes on Monday. The box arrived today. Meanwhile I have 5 other packages floating around somewhere in the United States without any tracking number updates for weeks.

Reactions: BROBS

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
So my last 2 orders now from SP have gone out Surepost, which adds 1 extra day for delivery. This must be their new free shipping method? This true for anyone else?

I don’t know what Surepost is but my last SP shipment came this past Saturday via UPS into town and then transferred to USPS for home delivery. This is according to tracking.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
It used to be you could create a UPS account then upgrade a membership. Using a discount code it was like $3 for 6 months. All of your Surepost would then be delivered by UPS eliminating the day delay. Last time I resubscribed however they wouldn't let me do that anymore. Was great while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.