PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
Hi all, maybe you can help me with this odd problem I'm experiencing at the moment.
Last week or so I tried to access PM and was greeted by the Apache splash page shown below.

apache-screenshot.PNG

Initially, I thought that PM was undergoing maintenance but after a week had passed it started to feel a bit too long. So I tried to access the site from my phone outside of my wifi and it worked just fine, despite ending up on the above page with my home connection.

I tried to get to the bottom of this and initially thought it was a problem with my DNS settings directing me to the wrong IP. But comparing the IPs "pipesmagazine.com" resolves to, it is the same IP address for both my phone and home connection. I tried different DNS servers, both accessing HTTPS and HTTP, different browsers, flushed DNS and browser caches, a different computer on the network... the problem persists.

I am still unable to access PM from my home connection, while the phone connection works just fine.
It seems like the server directs requests from my home connection/IP to this splash page for whatever reason...

Anyone experiencing a similar problem? puffy

Kozeman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2020
Woodstock, Illinois
The admins can help you with this if you provide them with your home IP address. I had the same issue until they fixed things up for me.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Status
Not open for further replies.