PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
I received an email today that I have a private message. This is what happens and I just copied and pasted this from a thread a year ago. It's the same thing that is happening to me.
1. I receive an email notification that I have a Private Message.

B. I click on the link in the emailed Private Message notification, which takes me to the web Private Message page, except that it shows that I'm not logged in (but I am...)

3. I click on the site home page to log in, but.. I'm already logged in.

C. I go to the Private Message page, and there are no new messages there.

IV. I log out, and then log back in, still no new messages.
BTW, I only get email Private Message Notifications, with a link. I have never received the actual Private Message by email.
Mark

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
So I just sent a private message to myself and it worked, both on the message box here and my email notification.

I want to figure this out so the person who sent me the pm doesn't think I'm a snob not answering lol
Mark

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I get those emails via Outlook and my laptop and via Chrome on my phone. Whenever I try to access them from the phone, I'm told that I'm also not logged in. I never figured out why. It's never an issue from my laptop.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
Don't know what's happened, maybe it's just a site glitch with the first private message but I have been PMing with this person and all seems to be good now.
Weird :crazy:
Mark

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Wolfe64 when you get the email an click on the line, your logged on the forums home page not the message page. so just log in on the page that pops up 1st an you will get your messages. it does it to me too an this works everytime now. its odd but works.

navypipe23

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2015
I've found that if I log in I can find my private messages on the forum page to the right.....doesn't work on the upper drop down for private messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.