PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
OK, I'm getting notice of private messages via email. If I paste the link in Pipesmagazine.com after I've logged in it tells me I have to log in. Where do I go on website to see private messages, there are none under Notifications. Sometimes this site is hard to navigate.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Go to the main forum screen. On the top right side, there is a section for private messages. You should be able to access your messages from there.
Winton

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Parker:
If you're clicking on "Forum" and then seeing the note on the upper righthand side that says "Private Messages," click on the line below that that says "You have __ new messages." That's how you'll get to your private messages. It's possible that, for some reason, it believes you've already read them, so it MAY show zero new messages. But click on that line anyway, and it'll take you to the Private Messages area. The newest messages will be at the top of the screen.
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Usually there's a link right in the email message where, if you click, it will take you right to your incoming message

without your logging into pipesmagaine or Forums at all. That's the direct way to access private messages.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
I think the problem is that whoever was sending the message didn't put anything in subject line and it wouldn't send it. That happened to me when I was trying buy a pipe last week.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Parker:
It's possible that the person/people who sent you messages changed their mind and deleted them before you came here to read them.
Bob

Dec 24, 2012
If the sender doesn't fill in the subject line then you can't read the message. This has happened to me numerous times, though I'm not sure why. I just learned to ignore the messages I couldn't read in the hope that the sender would leventually earn to put something in the subject line and resend it.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
I get PM's both ways, by email and the "notifications. It also seems I have two seperate logs of PM's those by email and those by notification :crazy:

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
If the sender doesn't fill in the subject line then you can't read the message...
No, this is different. I've received PM's with no subject.
Here's what happens:

1. I receive an email notification that I have a Private Message.

B. I click on the link in the emailed Private Message notification, which takes me to the web Private Message page, except that it shows that I'm not logged in (but I am...)

3. I click on the site home page to log in, but.. I'm already logged in.

C. I go to the Private Message page, and there are no new messages there.

IV. I log out, and then log back in, still no new messages.
BTW, I only get email Private Message Notifications, with a link. I have never received the actual Private Message by email.
There is something wrong with the forum software, methinks.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've not encountered this. Perhaps it's a new thing? Hey, Dan, would you send me a test PM just to see if we can replicate the problem? Just send me the browser (with version number) and OS you're using and I can at least pass it along to Kevin. I can't FIX anything, but if I can replicate the problem and you're using different stuff than me it might mean there is an issue with the software. Anyway, I look forward to your PM. Thanks!
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.