Pre-Pandemic Behaviors That Should Stop...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Send the entire American media corps, who continue to do their best to divide and panic the citizenry and set new lows in yellow journalism, to the woodshed for a well deserved spanking? Nope. Outlaw pretentious "craft" beer? Nice idea, but, no. Teach Milennials that despite what they were told, life isn't fair and outcomes aren't guaranteed? Tempting, but, still nope.

The one thing I really hope for is that Brussell sprouts (a.k.a. - The green poison pills of doom) should be outlawed for human consumption. There. I said it and I'm not sorry. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Chili

Agreed

While we're at it we should get rid of cabbage once and for all.. that is some smelly bullshit.

• Sad
Reactions: kurtbob

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Send the entire American media corps, who continue to do their best to divide and panic the citizenry and set new lows in yellow journalism, to the woodshed for a well deserved spanking? Nope. Outlaw pretentious "craft" beer? Nice idea, but, no. Teach Milennials that despite what they were told, life isn't fair and outcomes aren't guaranteed? Tempting, but, still nope.

The one thing I really hope for is that Brussell sprouts (a.k.a. - The green poison pills of doom) should be outlawed for human consumption. There. I said it and I'm not sorry. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Chili

I try to stay out of threads like this but... damnit I like my pretentious craft beers! Also, boil your sprouts, cut them in half, pan fry them, and drizzle them with a balsamic reduction. mmmmm!!!!!

Agreed

While we're at it we should get rid of cabbage once and for all.. that is some smelly bullshit.

And you! Without cabbage we have no sauerkraut and that is a thing I will not tolerate! Bavarian style simmered with some beer if you please. Served with a proper brat (I'm partial to the ones from Alaska Sausage and Seafood ) and either a good stone ground mustard or a good Dijon mustard. mmmmm!!!!!

Dang. Now I'm hungry.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I want to try and express this clearly, to avoid an unnecessary stir. I hope we will stop questioning science and other forms of knowledge uncritically. I do think science and knowledge need to stand on their merits and be critically evaluated for bias, error, etc. but it is dangerous to uncritically reject good science or sound knowledge. Note this leaves ample room for discussion and disagreement working to resolution which does happen, as I am not saying everyone uncritically rejects this or that claim. Nor am I saying that if you reject this or that claim it is because you were uncritical. Just want to see more critical thinking.
Plus a couple of dozen, Augie!

Status
Not open for further replies.