36 Fresh Estate Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searching through the threads, I found none about pipes by Tonino Jacono. I would like to hear from others who have these pipes as I have 6 and rank them as one of the best values for the money among the handcrafted artisan pipes. They are consistently great smokers, ranking solidly beside my pipes by Castello, Cavicchi, Ser Jacopo, Rinaldo, and Musico. I just ordered another with store credit from SP (see photo). Drilling is always dead center at bottom of the bowl, nice open draw, and all are very light indicating nicely aged briar. Do any others have thoughts on their Jacono pipes?
002-616-1094.3180.jpg

Very nice one! I also love mine.
I started a pics thread for Jacono, but I don't think many people have them.
I have another to post in there, but feel free to add pics of yours:
Show Us Your Jacono Pipes
:col:
Thanks for the reply. I will add some to your post. It is funny that you don't hear about them more. I started looking into them when I read a piece by G.L. Pease who sang their praises.

Reactions: forloveoffreedom

forloveoffreedom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2013
I have a large paneled saddle bit Jacono that has become a favorite pipe. I would take a Jacono over a Castello any day.

Very nice one! I also love mine.
I started a pics thread for Jacono, but I don't think many people have them.
I have another to post in there, but feel free to add pics of yours:
Show Us Your Jacono Pipes
:col:
Thanks for the reply. I will add some to your post. It is funny that you don't hear about them more. I started looking into them when I read a piece by G.L. Pease who sang their praises.
I have a large paneled saddle bit Jacono that has become a favorite pipe. I would take a Jacono over a Castello any day.
Same here. I love my Castellos, but they are a bit pricey, and the Jaconos are a fine puffing machine.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handsome pipes. I haven't looked at them before. Some are olive wood, so you have to decide which wood you want. They are on the heavy side, but that's a preference with many.

Reactions: paleoman
What impresses me is the attention to drilling and the bit. It is all subjective, I know, but I find the buttons just perfect and the drilling is dead center and bottom of the bowl on each of mine, including the Flamingo.