PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Let's mahe good use of our new "room" here folks. This forum is the place to add all of your self-carved projects, especially the kit project threads, photos and videos.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Here's mine...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2N7DfycScMj_3k_tJFisKg

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Here is my progress. No progress really, but I got my kit in and have some designs in mind. I'll be starting the initial shaping this weekend.

eaglesfan90

Lurker
Dec 5, 2014

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Now that is a beautifully executed pipe 'astrange1' and you have managed to take my breath away. I love its style and total functionality.

Jun 4, 2014
Here is my start. First thing was to get a draw the approximate shape and depth of the bowl and a rough shape.

Next time to fire up the band saw and rough out the shape.

Next up will be a visit to the belt sander....

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
It's gio to see some of us are making progress, even completing them in Aaron's case! I'm looking forward to seeing more as everyone gets started and makes more headway.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Beautiful pipe astrange and well executed!
However, and I certainly in no way shape or form wish to distract form the beautiful pipe you made, but once again I'm somewhat confused (seems to come quite easily with me). :wink:
Anyway... I was under the impression that this whole thing, 'project' as it were, was about those that wish to undertake making their first pipe from a 'kit'. Obviously there are many on this forum that have been making pipes for a long time as a hobby, and some who even make pipes professionally. With that said, and my ensuing confusion, is this 'Post them here' thread associated with, and or about the 'Forum Project- Let's Carve a Pipe Kit!' thread, or something not related to it and has nothing whatsoever to do with the 'Forum Project'?
Once again, sorry for my confusion, but there are so many damn threads about this thing/project and the 'contest', whatever that is, or was.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
I'm not sure either Phil67, if my pipe doesn't qualify it's no problem, I'm kinda unsure of the "rules" too.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
I have decided to withdraw from the contest, not sure if I was eligible anyway, it doesn't feel fair to others who are working with minimal tools, besides I have already tried all of the blends in the prize pack, good luck to all who enter.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I have decided to withdraw from the contest, not sure if I was eligible anyway, it doesn't feel fair to others who are working with minimal tools, besides I have already tried all of the blends in the prize pack, good luck to all who enter.

A noble decision on your part my friend! And an excellent example of gentlemanly sportsmanship. :clap:

Jun 4, 2014
When I last posted my poor chuck of briar had been sliced up by a Grizzly. It was now time to head off to the belt sander.

Now to the bench, I did most of the the rough shaping with a smooth cut rasp, files, chisels and even my pocket knife.

After a lot of wood removal I'm at the rough shape. I still need refine the shape better, but its looking like the idea I had in my head.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Looks good! I got some work done today. Lost some skin off the tip of my finger and a knuckle but it's coming along nicely! it's harder than I expected but I'm happy so far. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.