PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
EDIT: FIxed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Read the rules. Didn’t see an answer. Posted 2 pipes I made. Was deleted for not enough posts. So I can post because I haven’t posted enough? Lol!!! Not selling or pushing anything. Don’t get it. Only general discussion for a while?

Last edited by a moderator:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What post and in what section do you post it? I don't see any recent deletions (you deleted on post in a "Cheap Vs. Expensive PIpes" thread). I'll check with the other mods.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
UPDATE: July 3, 2012 - Posts such as "Check out the cool pipes / tampers / (whatever) I made" even if they are not offering the items for sale, even if you are just saying, "Hey, I made some pipes and need feedback to improve my skills, and I am not really offering to sell anything, blah, blah, blah ..." You need to have at least 50 "real posts" along with all the other rules.

It's right near the top of the rules section. You didn't read far enough.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I take it nobody has told you about the initiation ceremony after your 100th post...

RespectfulViciousArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It seems you posted a non-sales original post under a sales category, as near as I can tell, so just be more careful about choosing the right category. The mods work hard but may not have noticed you weren't selling anything. Don't get discouraged; keep on posting.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
EDIT: FIxed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Read the rules. Didn’t see an answer. Posted 2 pipes I made. Was deleted for not enough posts. So I can post because I haven’t posted enough? Lol!!! Not selling or pushing anything. Don’t get it. Only general discussion for a while?

Although, it may seem a bit frustrating for you in your particular case of this posting.... please do not take the result personally. The rules and guidance here has developed over a considerable period of time.... in an effort to keep this place calmer, more predictable, and overall more enjoyable for everyone.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is.... try not to be frustrated or worried.... you are very welcome here... it is just a few rules for everyone’s benefit, and eventually after you have been here longer and talk more, you eventually have more and more leeway in what is available to do here. So, please continue to post and talk with us.

I tend to think of it as being akin to initially having “training wheels” to help you learn how to be a successful bicycle rider.... the rules here help you ease in to the forum family. I am *relatively* new (here) myself, even though I have well beyond 40 years of pipe smoking experience.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have a question about the buying threads as well since this is on topic, are you supposed to have 100 posts to buy from there as well?

Nope, it only applies to members initiating a thread. Newer members are welcome to buy/trade with an established member. (and trader beware when dealing with someone who has no established credibility)