PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Solani Silver Flake!
I've had one bowl only, so with that caveat I think I've discovered a blend equal to Capstan Blue and St Bruno.
Those are my favorite blends and this Silver Flake just fits them perfectly. I'm in love, I think.
I'm jarring some of it, smoking the rest and very probably buying a lot more. This is good stuff I say, good stuff!

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I was also surprised by that one. Had a weird taste from the casing that, after some jar time and a year of waiting, became excellent. Full flavored, very easy smoking, smooth, and very consistent. Not too much dark-fired presence too, which is to my preference.

Reactions: JOHN72 and seanv

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I was also surprised by that one. Had a weird taste from the casing that, after some jar time and a year of waiting, became excellent. Full flavored, very easy smoking, smooth, and very consistent. Not too much dark-fired presence too, which is to my preference.
The dark fired is very noticeable, yet mild. I am guessing there is some cocoa topping in there as well.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I bought all my 660 in 2013. I think I have around ten or so pounds. I was surprised to see how the price kept going up. I honestly have no I don't how much this stuff will top out at. A lot of people like it and it is a high quality blend made by R.Will
It should also be interesting in the fact it does not come in vacuum tins. Once you get it you have to jar it. I know I have at least one 5 pound jar and one 3 pound jar. I uses special jars as for long term storage 15-20 years worth you need the silicone gaskets. I also may have a couple of 2 pound jars hanging around. the glass jars can deteriorate after only 10 years or so which is why I don't use them, except for short term storage.

Reactions: JOHN72

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hovered over this for a while. Then I bought 500g Peter Heinrich’s Dark Strong flake and wasn’t disappointed. Is this at all similar? Caveat, I’d love to hear it is not similar!
You'll be happy to hear they're nothing alike then. Both excellent flakes. The Chateau Henri 44 from Heinrich's is similar to Solani silver but with a sharper topping.

Reactions: karam and JOHN72