Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
From pipestud's site.
https://www.pipestud.com/latakia-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If Latakia goes away I'm going to be in a world of hurt, because it's my favorite leaf. I love my English and Balkan blends. I'm hoping it sticks around a lot longer, but if not I guess I'll be stocking up on a few blends. More so than I already am.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
If the loss of McClelland taught me anything, it is that having a backup supply of something you love is imperative in pipe smoking. The thing that makes this a bit of a bummer for Latakia lovers is that Latakia mellows over time. Thanks for passing along the heads-up to us, Embers.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Until I hear or read some reasoning from a reputable source, I won't be hitting the panic button yet. I will be watching for the next blog post

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I had been planning to start bulking up on a bunch of stuff I liked, starting with a bunch of Virginias, but whether or not this is true and the latakia starts dwindling, I might just start with some English and/or Balkan blends first.

Now, get out there and Buy, hya hya!!!

xiang-zhang-the-cattle-drive.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I swear these rumours are just circulated periodically to keep tobacco producers rich.
I remember people saying that the tales of McClelland and Dunhill's demise couldn't be true. Look how that turned out.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I've got a lifetime's supply of mostly Syrian blends should I ever start liking them again, so there'll be no competition from me.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"I remember people saying that the tales of McClelland and Dunhill's demise couldn't be true. Look how that turned out."
Yep. Whenever you hear about something scary, just put your head down and say, "That can't happen here" over and over again. Works every time.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I'm not much of a Latakia man but must confess to finding this a little depressing.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
^^^ Me as well. That's too bad.
I never have grown a taste for it. Have a bunch of Syrian squirreled away that will be future trade bait.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Rumors about Cyprian Latakia have been circulating for the past several years. Eventually, yeah, it will stop being produced. When? Your guess is as good as mine.
But this much I will predict. Blends of every genre that you like are going to go bye-bye without warning. That's been going on for the past couple of years and it will continue. So it there's a blend that you would really miss were it to become deceased, put some away while you still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.