PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

keithnelmr

Lurker
Feb 19, 2022
I am relatively new to Airstreaming, full timing (and wintering) now for 5 months. However, I am not new to outdoor cooking. Before I owned a 29' chunk of aluminum, I owned this 29" cast aluminum cooker. Prolific in the 1950s, the Portable Kitchen has recently been revived. A while back, I saw one in a store and was reminded of the one my neighbors owned when I was growing up. One day, as I drove my hulk-of-rust (steel cooker #3) to the dump, it dawned on me that I needed the Portable Kitchen. Three Amazon clicks later . . . .

The PK is Wally B. inspired in every way. Simplicity, efficiency, shape, weight, and built to last (My grandchildren will be fighting over this one). By reflecting 93% of heat, cast aluminum cooks beautifully (lump charcoal only please!!!) and it slips into a trash bag for easy, clean travel onboard my AS.

Now I own two. One is in my backyard on the Carolina Coast thumbing its nose at the prevailing salted winds. The other is out in the hither-yonder, nestled beside my '72 Ambassador. They complement each other in every way.

keithnelmr

Lurker
Feb 19, 2022
I am relatively new to Airstreaming, full timing (and wintering) now for 5 months. However, I am not new to outdoor cooking. Before I owned a 29' chunk of aluminum, I owned this 29" cast aluminum cooker. Prolific in the 1950s, the Portable Kitchen has recently been revived. A while back, I saw one in a store and was reminded of the one my neighbors owned when I was growing up. One day, as I drove my hulk-of-rust (steel cooker #3) to the dump, it dawned on me that I needed the Portable Kitchen. Three Amazon clicks later . . . .

The PK is Wally B. inspired in every way. Simplicity, efficiency, shape, weight, and built to last (My grandchildren will be fighting over this one). By reflecting 93% of heat, cast aluminum cooks beautifully (lump charcoal only please!!!) and it slips into a trash bag for easy, clean travel onboard my AS.

Now I own two. One is in my backyard on the Carolina Coast thumbing its nose at the prevailing salted winds. The other is out in the hither-yonder, nestled beside my '72 Ambassador check. They complement each other in every way.
thanks in advance for any help

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
What's the question again? Only chuck box I used was hand built boy scout box for my troop. Normally for any trip by myself will include ultra lightweight teapot, white gas stove, and a lot of Ziploc bags. Don't forget frisbee (double as a dish. Cover it with Ziploc bag, you don't have to wash it). Oh! Chopsticks and a spoon.

Reactions: kurtbob