PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Grazer

Lurker
Mar 11, 2021
They recently put in a Popeyes in my area. I was intrigued by the news stories of the food being so good that jumping the line meant getting shanked to death.

I opted for the drive through.

Only being one car ahead of me, the wait time wasn’t so bad. Ordering was a chore. I had to repeat everything two or three times for a two person order. Right when the order was about to be finalized the worker said “one second.” Then a new voiced asked me for my order. Which I repeated about an additional 2 or 3 times.

They did a shift change during my order.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
They recently put in a Popeyes in my area. I was intrigued by the news stories of the food being so good that jumping the line meant getting shanked to death.

I opted for the drive through.

Only being one car ahead of me, the wait time wasn’t so bad. Ordering was a chore. I had to repeat everything two or three times for a two person order. Right when the order was about to be finalized the worker said “one second.” Then a new voiced asked me for my order. Which I repeated about an additional 2 or 3 times.

They did a shift change during my order.
Love the line "I opted for the drive through" after the setup.

Next time you go to Popeyes bring a pipe. I’m in line for first time at the newly opened local Popeyes, thirty minutes and I’m halfway there. Perfect time to smoke a bowl and work on one’s anger management.
So dryly told.Wonderful!

KFC is for the hogs.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I must be in the minority. I like Popeyes and have not had any issues with them that are not common to any fast food place.

Multiple comments about "crack heads" at Popeyes? ?

Reactions: scloyd and BROBS

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I must be in the minority. I like Popeyes and have not had any issues with them that are not common to any fast food place.

Multiple comments about "crack heads" at Popeyes? ?
General term for people who act a certain way, including actual crackheads. Enter "popeyes riots" on YouTube, if you haven't enjoyed the sublime experience firsthand.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't like any of the fast food chicken joints. There used to be place in KC called Stroud's that served heaven on plate but they had to move when they decided to expand the highway and when they re-opened they were terrible.

Reactions: BROBS
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
For fast food fried chicken I like Popeyes. Usually the Popeyes we go to is pretty on point. KFC is nasty. Chick Fil A is close to us, they make some great sandwiches too. On our summer vacation we will be spending a few days in Asheville, so will be going to Bojangles.
Asheville is my hometown. Bojangles is the best fast food fried chicken joint hands down. Church's is no 2 and Popeyes is no 3. KFC is the McDonald's of fried chicken.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The Popeyes nearest to me always has a long line of cars extending into the street. I thought that meant that their food was especially good. Whether or not that is the case, if I'm going to have to carry to go there, I'll pass them up.

Which leaves Bojangles, and they're a ripoff.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I don't eat at Popeyes very often...nearest one is about 15 miles away and they don't offer any salads. I do like their naked tenders and their green beans, the green beans they don't serve anymore...bastards!

Jan 27, 2020
I don't eat at Popeyes very often...nearest one is about 15 miles away and they don't offer any salads. I do like their naked tenders and their green beans, the green beans they don't serve anymore...bastards!

Because they are unfried vegetables?