PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
My daughter asked me to build her a table for her new apartment so we picked out some lumber and I resurrected my old woodworking tools and gave it a shot.
In the process, I needed some clamps so I turned to my long unused, dusty rusty Pony Pipe clamps and rediscovered what a brilliantly designed tool they are!
I don't know if they are still being produced and if so I'd doubt still domestic manufactured, but the world would be a poverty if denied the usefulness of these wee orange devices that convert an ordinary piece of black pipe into a clamp of whatever length that's required.
This is the sort of tool that even if you have no pressing need for one, they're fun just it play with.
I have four Ponies in my stable, two 1/2" dia. pipe size (which are the most common) and two 3/4" dia. pipe size.
The 3/4" Ponies are the coolest ones as there are two designs---one has a substantial cast steel crank adjustment and the other a cast butterfly adjustment that is reversible so you can not only clamp, but also expand in the opposite direction when needed.
These things struck me as being so cool, I just wanted to share with you guys
cool.png