PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
9AF2DB4C-29C1-41C8-9330-1F062787955D-11281-000016E8DD301A3A_zpsed4bef03.jpg
The vet nurses, 3 of em couldn't hold him down , he weighs 92 lbs and is only 17 months old, they were trying to put him up on table, heard a commotion in the room went in and they were all on the floor, I grabbed him around the head and talked to him, they grabbed him and we put him on the table. Well that was alright until they put the probe in his butt, he scratched the top part of my left forearm and Lawdy, Lawdy I am on blood thinners , blood everywhere, they wanted to stop and look at me, said NO do what you have too, well we got everything done , blood everywhere slipping and sliding . Glad it's only gonna be a yearly thing, for him and me . LOL :laughat:

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Oh hell Bradley, sorry to hear that...Gumbo is the same way when they stick that damn thing up his butt...he thinks the devil is after him....sorry to see you got scratched up...go take it easy at the house...

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
Ouch. I don’t enjoy those trips to the vet either. My boy Zeke is about 80-85lbs at 19 mos. The vet says bring him by for friendly visits to lessen the stress of the real ones. Which sounds like a great idea but I haven’t gotten around to it. The worst little hellion I ever took in though was an 18 lb Jack Russell Terrier. The vet finally gave up with the probes and just gave the needed shots each visit, nothing more.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Time like this I am happy to own a Boston Terrier. Glad it wasn't worse but darn those blood thinners, they can make any scratch into a geyser. Hope it heals quickly for you and PMon gets past his harrowing experience.

Jan 8, 2013
Those danged aliens got a hell of a lot worse than that from me when they abducted me and took into their mother ship and tried to give me an anal probe 8O
Sorry to see you got tore up a bit, Bradley. I bet Pmon feels bad about hurting you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now let me talk to PMon. Listen, PMon, brad is your best friend and admirer in the world, and you

know he has your best interest at heart and only wants you to be a'roving the home place for years

and years to come. It is most ill-advised and ungrateful to gouge his arm like that when he is only

trying to help your canine self. No more of that. Remember where all that dog food and runs in the

country come from. I want no more bad reports.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I told you!
PMon_zps11e5bd1e.jpg

Glad it wasn't too bad; I hope you heal up ok, Bradley. Bad PMon! but I understand his point...

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Poor Pmon. I'm sure it was stressful for him.
I hope that heals well and your doing ok Brad. And hopefully the next visit is better, for both of you. :)

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Get well soon, Bradley! My dear old Grammy would put some Mercurochrome or some Bactine on that!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
After the head cone, I'm not surprised that Pmon doesn't like the vet. Sorry to see the damage, Bradley. Gracie just growls and hides her head in my wife's boobs. Be sure and watch for infection.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Plat went to the sink , asked the nurse for some Clorox, she said Oh Mr Simon we"ll clean it up, told her the Clorox is for me, washed it with liquid soap, then poured Clorox all over it, toes were curling, my gender changed from male to female. LOL. Can't beat Clorox , on shrimp boat it was diesel fuel, and that's another story. You're right infection is the sucker to watch out for.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
You might have come out better than Pmon!

Thinners & aspirin makes you bleed more that without, but I cut/bleed/scrapes/ easier at 68 than 50 yrs old.

Part of getting older?

Wife bruises if she watches Dirty Dancing for the 153rd time.

Heal fast & glad Pmon is getting the love & medical he needs. Lucky Pup.

Status
Not open for further replies.