PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Although I've always preferred the dark flake over the green herb, I was inquisitive about these grinders used by the 'buzz heads'. I've been using one for a couple of years now & think they're great. Perfect for plugs, rewarding you with a much different cut, than you'd get from rubbing out by hand. Pictured is Kendal plug which ends up as a fluffy/cube cut sort of thing. Other plugs like Yachtsmans for instance, result in a finer/ shag like cut. I also use the grinder on flakes & rubbed mixtures too, seeing how the difference affects the smoke. Rich Dark Flake by Germains for example,has always been a 'finnicky' flake. After using the grinder on it, I've found it massively improved the burn, taste & overall smoke. I've heard people use food choppers & coffee grinders, which is something I'll have to look into, for now though I'm very happy with the 'ganja grinder'.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I bought an anodized aluminum model from Amazon and it works incredibly well, I’m quite pleased with it.

I still fold & stuff flakes in certain pipes when the fancy takes me, but generally I have such great results with flakes, plugs and especially ropes in the grinder that it’s becoming my preferred option. The odds of smoking to white ash are greater it seems.

I tried an electric coffee grinder but wasn’t impressed with that - it pulverized the poor tobacco double quick and just annoyed my wife. Herb grinder = more better (technical term).

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I have a little plastic grinder from a pot shop I use. It's great. Only cost $2.00. Real simple but effective.
I had one of the plastic ones, to begin with. No good with the denser Irish plugs. The sharp tips will shave off into your tobacco, I didn't realise until I felt a sharp pain in the brain from smoking the plastic. Be careful! It's not a nice sensation. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.