PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a Dunhill guy, so this is more a question about pipe trends and retail, but I've been combing SP pipes, new and estate, for other reasons, and I am impressed at the number of Dunhill pipes in the English estate category, seemingly about half of what is offered, or nearly so. The prices have remained high, but the number of Dunhills has increased. Are people paying their bills by selling their high-end pipes? What do you speculate is the reason?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dunhill/White Spots are never inexpensive, but I'd trust SP's descriptions, specifications, and prices above most. I'm just too much of a variety hound to put that much into one pipe. For factory pipes with a traditional design, they're primo. Right now, the estate pipe selection can't be beat.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Plus, they hold their value pretty well on the estate market so you can buy one used, enjoy it and turn it over with little risk. And I would say, yes, people are probably thinning the herd a bit a t a time like this. I certainly have in the past. At times there have been some great pipes that I wish I had held on to but needed the cash.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.