postimg.cc
Whatever happened to Rothnh?
Oh no....
tumblr_m0q1bwqvIs1rqnbfjo1_250.gif

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
sabble, peck is correct that I received my case from Mike at BB. No idea where he got it, but it works great for my set.
Irish, that is incredible, how about some pics of that massive collection.

At last count it was 72, but I have some stowed away in drawers that I haven't smoked yet. So, it is a tad few more than that. My first few pipes were of various shapes, but my first focus was going to be bamboo pipes. I found the bamboo pipes to feel a but too fragile to keep in my pocket or toss into a bag with other pipes. So, I have come to focus on dublins and bulldogs. However, I prefer variations of these two shapes that pushes the limits of being either one.
I can appreciate billiards and brandies, but they are just too average looking to get me excited.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
In the 2-1/2 months I've been smoking, I bought 7 Briars and 3 Cobs. I'm loosing interest in the Cobs. I dislike the stems, for one thing. Of the Briars, two are $24 no-name EBay pipes, one a Dublin, the other a Billiard. They were unsmoked NOS. The Billiard had a stinger, which I pulled out. My first two pipes were Petersons: a Billiard and a B5 Bent Bulldog. These four Briars are my "any tobacco" pipes. The other three Briars I've got are my English blend pipes: a Radice G sized Billiard (my most expensive and largest pipe), a custom ordered Scott Hudson Poker, and a Savinelli 611 KS Bent Dublin (the last pipe I've bought). The majority of the pipes in my SPC wishlist are Radices. There are a few other Italian brands, along with some Peterson pipes in it.
For tobacco, I'm a Latakia fan. My experience in that kind of blend is from Dunhill and Barling. My next tobacco order will include Ten Russians and Old Ironside, plus some others. My strategy is to explore brands, with a focus on strong Latakia flavor. I began with Dunhill and I should move on for a while. I think I'll focus on Captain Earles more than not.
I don't know how much I'll become a collector. There's quite a lot of other things I want. I'm sure I'll get more pipes, though. It's all just a matter of time and money.
Here's a photo of my Hudson Poker, my prettiest pipe.
image2-600x400.jpg

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
@ SSJones- LOL.. not hardly . I know several with Kaywoodie collections who make mine look puny! but thank you.
@ harris- Harris I am in the process of moving but here is my collection that was sitting on the back room floor waiting to be boxed up and moved to my new house. Once there I hope to actually have a man cave to display them 24/7. Please excuse the pics as all I have is my phone camera.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow, what fantastic collections! My modest collection numbers about 25, mostly billiards, mostly by Peterson. And the old lady has brought the hammer down: no more pipes. When I get a new pipe now, I have to smuggle it into the house and let it hide in plain sight, since she can't tell one pipe from another. Fortunately I have most of the pipes that I want: I'm not a dedicated collector.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Irish that is an awesome looking collection, hope you dont go as crazy as I did figuring out how to display them all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.