PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Kendal #7 and
Black Irish X in a Meer Cutty( she ain't pretty, but WOW does she smoke great!)
JRXWVu7.jpg

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Some Orientals and Perique tobaccos are spicy and can cause a tingling on the tongue. Imagine what this does in the sinus with a nice hot smoke! My favorite Scottish (McClelland's Scottish Woods) definitely gives the tongue tingles every time, regardless of how easily you sip. Wonderful stuff, but I won't retro that one!

I just read that Perique needs to be married with strong Virginia for that Pepper taste. That is why I don’t get any pepper is Bayou Night even though it is 75% Perique.

Perique changes the pH of Va so that it can be absorbed more, so that pepper sensation is very unique to VaPers

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Count me among those that enjoy Perique and the sinus tingle it provides. The beauty of pipe smoking is that there are literally tons of different tobaccos out there. Keep trying new blends and find those that work for you.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
well it's got perique, dark fired, and VA rolled up in a coin so it can't hurt. :)

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
don't retrohale like blowing smoke out from lung while burning cigarettes. do it slow and with small volume of smoke. usually, that will get rid of pain. but perique heavy blends might still give some problems. either way, i get very small to no feed back from retrohale.

Status
Not open for further replies.