PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
I have a Sav 626 which I like a lot. My next purchase will be a slightly larger bent billiard. Looking for a classic shape, old school mid-size quality bent billiard, good hanger easy to clench with a comfortable bit. The Sav 602 fits the bill I think. Any other recommendations (can be any brand)? The 616KS looks nice as well but I think probably a tad too big. 45 minute smoke is my sweet spot.
Thanks.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Scottie Piersel makes a killer bent billiard. There are a couple out there right now at SPC and P2S.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
You could check out RDpipes, he makes a pretty fine pipe as well, and there's a bent billiard there now.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
You are the only one who can determine, which pipe is best for you.
I have a Savinelli 602 and it's great.
I also have a Stanwell 83 and it's better.
They are roughly the same size, weight, bend, draw etc.
The Stanwell just sits better in my clench.
Both are perfect smokers, both are great clenchers, one of them slightly better. For me, that is.

Reactions: Mis Pipas
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Savinelli 623
it comes in various finishes,both blasted (Roma serie)and smooth ,and in various price range, though, unfortunately, today all these are with 6mm balsa filter expect for Punto and Gibleo Oro line ups

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I know.. I just mean we kind of need to know that.. because it's hard to say.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most good brands produce a variety of quality bent billiards. I'd look at Stanwell, Peterson, Chacom, Genod, and many others up the price spectrum.

Reactions: BROBS

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I have a Peterson 106 Irish Army that I enjoy quite a bit. At least barely over an ounce it hangs effortlessly and is fairly pocketable. Plus the army mount is as practical as it is stylish!

My one criticism is that I had to use boiling water to bend and align the stem with the shank a bit when I first got it. A bit annoying, but a simple fix

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Most good brands produce a variety of quality bent billiards. I'd look at Stanwell, Peterson, Chacom, Genod, and many others up the price spectrum.
Genod is a great Under the Radar pipe brand that's a great value.. another I would like to throw out there.. that consistently produces great, low priced pipes.. is Comoy's.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I have a Peterson 106 Irish Army that I enjoy quite a bit. At least barely over an ounce it hangs effortlessly and is fairly pocketable. Plus the army mount is as practical as it is stylish!

My one criticism is that I had to use boiling water to bend and align the stem with the shank a bit when I first got it. A bit annoying, but a simple fix
I have looked at those, i like the 106 army mount and have debated buying one. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: macaroon

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I just got a box from smokingpipes last night, and in it was a Briarworks C12 bent billiard. You can find them here.

It's a great size and weight, made in the USA, and I think it looks fantastic. Best of all, they also offer a smaller bent billiard (C13), so if you think the C12 is too big, you can size down. I'm a small pipe guy, but the C12 is just right for me.BriarworksBilliard.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The Savinelli 606 is another classic bent billiard shape. It's slightly larger than the 602.

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
I just got a box from smokingpipes last night, and in it was a Briarworks C12 bent billiard. You can find them here.

It's a great size and weight, made in the USA, and I think it looks fantastic. Best of all, they also offer a smaller bent billiard (C13), so if you think the C12 is too big, you can size down. I'm a small pipe guy, but the C12 is just right for me.View attachment 18207
Thanks -- that looks like a beautiful pipe. Very much in line with what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.