PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when my TAD order from Pipes and Cigars came in. I ordered several tins of Hearth & Home tobacco on the "buy 3 get one free" deal. I added this pipe to the order as it was 15% off and liked the looks and wanted to try one out. It came in and I loaded it with some McClelland Christmas Cheer. It looks good, smokes cool and dry, has a good draw, is light weight, and feels good in my hand. What more could you ask of a pipe? I am looking forward to breaking it in. I hope for this pipe to be a good travel pipe as I don't want to take my more expensive pipes on trips and I don't always want to carry a cob. The price was $52.69 on sale.
Do any of you have experience with these pipes?
Here are some pics.
018-600x400.jpg

019-600x400.jpg

0201-600x400.jpg

021-600x400.jpg

022-600x400.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These are the only Greek pipes I know about. They are made of Greek briar and appear to be better

quality that many pipes at their economical price point. They are machine made in traditional shapes,

and seem notably light weight. They don't boast grain, but I think the briar is better than average. It

seems well aged. I have a pot that is modest sized but has a fine big, wide bowl, the way a pot should,

and a slightly unusual shank that bulges slightly while maintaining a classic straight pot configuration.

It has wide walls to the bowl, again as a pot should. The flat surface of the brim is a matte finish, no

visible grain but nicely smoothed. My only wish is that the stamp were done better. It traces out only

the last few letters, "deus," and I find the "Greece" stamp small and hard to read. They're making good

pipes, I think; they should embolden their label. I'll report more when I've had an opportunity to smoke

this one.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a little more about this company: Achaiki Amadeus S.A., that also goes by Briar Manufacturing

Industry S.A. is located in Patros, Greece, according to Pipedia. Their stated goal is to make

the "best mid-range pipes."

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
My pipe also has weak lettering and a little off center. It is a great smoker though. I have smoked 5 bowls through it and am getting it broken in now. I really do like this pipe. Smokes as well as my Stanwell, Petersons, or Savinelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.