PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Marlin Flake. Hands down the nicest experience I ever had with a tobacco. When I got my first tin, I sat at my table and my nine year old son wandered over. (He likes see what I get, it appeals to the collector in him.) So we opened it up and there was this fantastic sweet, raisin, hayish scent that came out of the tin. Then I pulled out this thick belt of flake tobacco that had been rolled up. I knew it was a flake beforehand but I didn't know it was packaged in that long strip. We both thought that was pretty cool.
When I rubbed it out for the first time is smelled wonderful. It's an absolute joy to smoke and it's sweetness really balances out some of my other favorites like PS LBF and Escudo.
@Bigboi. Hey man I've got some of that Heinrich's cellared. In a couple of years I'll pull it out and send you some.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have really been enjoying my first tin of Peterson University flake. This stuff keeps calling me and I have been smoking a bowl a day of it for a while now.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I fell in love with MacBaren's 7 Seas Regular recently. For me, it's a good reliable smoke. Smooth, no surprises, but incredibly relaxing. Definitely my new go-to.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
For me, it would have to be Stonehaven. I'd had a bag in the cellar since 2007 and been afraid to try it, since I expected it to be harsh, heavy, and too nicotine-rich for my tastes. But after seeing some posts here, I finally opened it up and was amazed. Smooth, rich, slightly sweet, and far easier to smoke than any other burley/Virginia flake I've ever had.

bogglor

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2012
For me, it would have to be Stonehaven. I'd had a bag in the cellar since 2007 and been afraid to try it, since I expected it to be harsh, heavy, and too nicotine-rich for my tastes. But after seeing some posts here, I finally opened it up and was amazed. Smooth, rich, slightly sweet, and far easier to smoke than any other burley/Virginia flake I've ever had.
Sick brag, IMO. :D

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I’m working on my first tin of GLP Cumberland and I find this to be a superb and very satisfying VA blend. Subtle, complex flavor and no bite whatsoever. Very earthy, pure tobacco taste...good dose of nic.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Thanks to a recent tobacco trade with Fitzy, I enjoyed my first bowl ever of H&H Magnum Opus. You guys write about Zen like moments - Jeezo Pete, for me the heavens parted with this blend.
Fnord

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique was a pleasant purchase. It will be included in my next purchase also.

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
I have an old tobacco tin that i keep a little sponge in. Every now and then i buy a small bottle of single malt and drop a tiny amount onto the sponge then throw in some Windor Breeze. I then close the lid and walk away. After a month i smoke it. Pure magic.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I discovered McCranie's Highlander when the box pass came by me. My Secret Santa gave me a tin of McClelland's Holiday Spirit. Although I am not an aro guy, I am enjoying this. It's not as sweet as it smells in the tin, thank heavens. As to be expected from these folks, the leaf is top quality.

Aug 14, 2012
I also like Bombay Court. Well balanced and not a drama queen, like some of their other Cyprian Lat mixtures. My new discovery is a subtle and mild Vaper called McConnell's Scottish Cake. Just went through a can in a few days.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Finally got around to cracking open a tin of Presbyterian mixture I’ve had for a year or two. I’m very pleasantly surprised. I’ve seen mixed reviews on this one, so I wasn’t really expecting anything special, but I find I’m really enjoying it from the first bowl. One aspect I’m liking a lot is a sort of black pepper flavor...at least that’s the nearest I can describe it...not overwhelming, but enough to make it very interesting.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Brian64:
Ah, I think Presbyterian is a great oriental-forward mixture, and one that isn't talked about enough here, IMO.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Brian64:
Ah, I think Presbyterian is a great oriental-forward mixture, and one that isn't talked about enough here, IMO.
After several bowls, I strongly agree...very tasty stuff, imo. It is certainly oriental-forward, light on Latakia. I do enjoy lat bombs as well, but this is nice for a change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.