PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
Just ordered a tin of Cornell & Diehl: Pirate Kake.Hopefully it will be the 4th member of my rotation. Any opinions of this blend?

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I enjoy it, but you need to be in a SERIOUSLY Latakia mood.....That said, it's very good...and the Latakia doesn't ALWAYS axe-kick you to the mat.....
CW

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
It's a nice blend. Nothing i smoke regulary just a few times a year. It's not only latakia even if it's much of it. Enjoy :D

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Well-reviewed. I was excited about it early on, but it tastes like a trash fire to me now. Whew! To be fair, I struggle with Latakia. I imagine I'll come back around. It seems similar to Billy Budd, but more refined.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
I have only tried Orlik golden slice,1-Q and Plum Pudding but i like the Plum Pudding way more than the other two though I do enjoy all three. Anticipation is wonderful when ordering something new to smoke.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It’s very good! Lotta Latakia as you know, but creamy and more of a leather and graham cracker taste.

justdafacts

Lurker
Oct 31, 2017
What are some of the main differences or characteristics between Pirate Kake and Capt. Earle's Nightwatch? I have two tins of Nightwatch, but have not tried Pirate Kake yet!

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Pirate Kake is great. If like it try Cornell & Diehl da Vinci.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
I love it. Have a pound or two in storage and a couple of tins for day to day smoking.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Rich, creamy and sweet in a way. Proof that balance doesn’t have to be symmetrical.
If you find you enjoy Pirates Kake you’ll probably enjoy GLP Gaslight.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
Ive only had the one bowl but I did enjoy it. It was alot smoother than I had anticipated.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
Stormydog if you enjoyed the OGS, TP has it for 5.47/tin this weekend.

Thanks for the tip and I do enjoy it but I think im going to explore some different blends before I rebuy any particular one. I have quite a bit left to smoke in the meantime.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Forgot to mention that this one has been around for a good while. FDA shouldn't be messing with it for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.