PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasatch

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
The most enjoyable piping experience that I have had to date and I want to thank the lot of you for your contributions--contributions that I have found directly on this forum and indirectly, where a google search has brought me back to older

threads on this forum.
These contributions have clued me in on a number of things, which have helped to shape a more rewarding, cooler smoke. They have also helped to educate me in other areas--not an easy task. I look forward to improving my piping under your gents and gals' tutelage.
Here are some pics that I snapped with my phone yesterday in the Uintahs, on the Upper Provo. Meant to do a pipe POV, but forgot.
Thanks again!
upperprovo_zps8d73ddc6.jpg

brook_zps7d6ad65e.jpg

nirvana_zps51d9e221.jpg

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
Looks a lot like where I grew up in southern Idaho. Great pictures! Makes me a bit homesick now that I'm down in humid old Florida.

wasatch

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
The best part of yesterday, besides the incredible piping experience, is that I was able to teach my cousin, who has never fly-fished. He caught three gorgeous brookies and the second largest fish I have ever seen on the upper provo, which was a cutthroat--must have been 17 or 18 inches. He went for a black, flying ant pattern.

wasatch

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
Dunhill Flake in my Soren
One of the greatest things about the section of the Upper Provo in the Uintahs, being a smaller river without a damn above it, is that there is quite a bit of change from year to year. One of my favorite runs last year was completely washed out; however, now there are twice as many quality runs in a 5 mile stretch that I like to hike along. If you are able to visit the Uintahs, I recommend doing so in a week or two, when the aspen leaves should start to change color.
soren_zps2f1fcf7f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.