PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Check out this link -- Dad with pipe on the front page of the Washington Post OUTLOOK Section
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dont-worry-working-moms-just-leave-dad-in-charge-at-home/2015/06/19/bd766d2e-1566-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Interesting piece. Men in general probably don't do anywhere near half family and household work,, although some may balance this by doing major renovations and other kinds of labor. I think many men who do, keep it quiet so as not to seem to shame their wives for not doing some of what they have taken on, and also because their male friends and colleagues discourage them from talking it up. Many men are accomplished cooks. I suspect that men and women divide the emotional work of parenting, and some men are just closer to their kids by nature than the moms, simply by individual aptitude. Interesting subject. My dad was much more enthusiastic as a parent, at least to me -- I'll let my siblings speak for themselves.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Considering the 'style' of that picture I would venture to say it's from the early to mid 1950's.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Considering the 'style' of that picture I would venture to say it's from the early to mid 1950's.
Back when women used to housework in a dress and high heels.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
The black View-Master that the girl is holding in and of itself dates that picture as does the refrigerator.
MyQcoFB.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Spot on, phil.
Back when it was still OK with the "politically correct" for dad to have a pair! Robert Young, Fred MacMurray, Ozzie Nelson, and the rest of a generation of MEN!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hmmm. The dad reminds me just a bit of Alfred E. Neumann, for those of you familiar with Mad Magazine.....
And look at the gob of butter on the asparagus! And the whip cream! Wow, almost not PC these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.