Pipesmagazine.com Forum is Just Plain Fun!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Sorry Steve, I kinda nodded off somewhere during the third paragraph.

However, that was the perfect palate-cleansing sorbet we all needed after the some of the clap-trap of the past week.

You succinctly nailed down the negatives and the wonderful positives of this forum. Bravo!

(And, no, Ash, I'm not being a serial ass-kisser. At least not the serial part.)

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the comments, gents. I did have fun with that post and originally posted it on my website a few months ago. You guys are coming up with some great new ones that I never thought about, too! Loved the "Serial ass-kisser," although I don't recall any of those being on this forum! I should have added "The Old Farts" to the list now that I read where cigrmaster is hoping I can find a proper category for him. Maybe he fits into two categories as "Self Aggrandizing" also comes to mind. (-;

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Holy Smackers! Almost 26,000 posts in about 6-1/2 years! MSO, I think you might be leading this group. If my math is correct, you've been posting at approximately a clip of 81 posts a week (11 a day), for the last 6-1/2 years. My fingers got tired just thinking about that. I better get to work, I joined a couple of months before you did and am still 24,189 posts behind you!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always remind my fellow members that on curvy mountain roads on a clear day, I can catch just a glimpse of jiminks' taillights glimmering far out in the distance ahead.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I have been all of the above at some point I'm sure. Sorry.-alaskanpiper
Don't apologize, alaskanpiper. I still am all of the above and proud of it. I love annoying myself. (-;
MSO: I just smoke more than you do.-jiminks
Holy Smackers again X 2 !!! I just saw Jim's post count. Incredible! But Jim, I'm sure you smoke more pipe tobacco than all states in the USA and most other countries combined on a daily basis. So, no surprise there. :puffpipe:
Pipestud

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Pipestud you forgot about the raving foreign lunatic posters in the mold of Haja with their unusual obsessions with Red Sea mud and disposable lighters! As for JimInks I have heard that since he has tested every blend on planet earth he will soon be the Galactic Ambassador for Inter Planetary Pipe Smoking!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Pipestud you forgot about the raving foreign lunatic posters in the mold of Haja with their unusual obsessions with Red Sea mud and disposable lighters! As for JimInks I have heard that since he has tested every blend on planet earth he will soon be the Galactic Ambassador for Inter Planetary Pipe Smoking!-condorlover1
Well, Jim'll have his work cut out for him trying to explain our world's current smoking laws. That'll no doubt put Area 51 out of business quickly. No more visitors.
Pipestud

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
An undisclosed location at Area 51 is where my cellar is. The interplanetary aliens fiercely guard the tobacco vaults, and when our trusty Saint Bernard is sober, he paw delivers the appropriate tobaccos to me.
They say an FDA man came to visit, but all we heard was a squish under the feet of our trained Martian rhinos.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Forums are pretty darn predictable, be it pipes, cars, motorcycles, watches, etc., all have very similar threads running thru them.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
And these categories, or classifications, of posters seem to be universal for internet boards. I see the same trends on fly fishing and watch collecting boards as well.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I was getting ready to open this thread and have to close it right away just based off the title. Guess it's just been one of those weeks. And then I saw who posted it :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I have it right, jiminks work is doing the art for superhero comics (and other comics), and in the process, he has become a superhero in the pipe world. No one comes close. It was caused by being bitten by a radioactive spider that landed on an asteroid in his crib, and imbued him with pipe smoking powers attained only by extraterrestrials.

Status
Not open for further replies.